Are you struggling with back & neck pain while working on your computer from home?
Are you spending too much time couch surfing?
Applying the best ergonomics when working from home is EASY!
10 Tips To Improve Sitting Posture
- Place FEET flat on the floor.
- Bend KNEES to 90 degrees and keep them directly over your ankles or the arch of your foot.
- Position HIPS slightly above the height of your knees so that the weight can be applied through your feet. Adjust your chair up or down and move yourself forward or backward to achieve the correct posture. If you DO NOT have an adjustable chair, try using a firm cushion or folded towels to raise your hips.
- Keep your PELVIS in a neutral position; while sitting, arch your low back and then slump, feeling your full mobility of the low back. Find a comfortable position in the middle. Then feel your 2 sitting bones, this is the base of support for your spine. Rock forward slightly to feel pressure in front of those sitting bones. Use cushions or a towel roll to fill in any space between your low back and the backrest of your chair.
- The goal for your SPINE is to keep the curves neutral and relaxed.
- CHEST is upright but relaxed; Don’t sit slumped.
- Roll SHOULDERS “up, back and down” to keep from slouching.
- HEAD should be in alignment with shoulders. Imagine a straight line on the side of your body from your ears to your shoulders and down to your hips. Don’t let your head move in front of that line. Relax your chin down.
- ELBOWS should be supported at approximately 90 degrees.
- Support WRISTS in a relaxed position. NO STRAIN should be felt in the joints or muscles. Do not shrug shoulders, allowing them to rest down and away from your ears.
CALL US @ 281-944-0001
Take advantage of an IN HOME posture assessment and correction session. With a TELEHEALTH visit, one of our therapists can work with you in the comfort of your own home to help you achieve a pain free working posture.